Monday, December 26, 2011

Ruffly Crocheted Scarf

Wow....three posts in one week...we are on a roll. {make sure you scroll down and see Amy's AWESOME Christmas dresses. My husband and 12 year old son didn't really want ruffly Christmas dresses so I just bought them red ties to match the red shirt I got myself for $4 at Target on clearance.} Amy's are GORGEOUS, don't miss them! 


I did however make some super cute ruffly scarfs for Christmas gifts {one for myself} and the other ones for gifts. I LOVE how they turned out. Super ruffly and soft. I used Lion Brand Homespun Yarn that I got on sale at Joann's Crafts. I used this tutorial that I found on Pinterest, and then made a few adaptions. I used a N/10mm hook {because the yarn is so bulky} and changed the pattern as follows:






Ruffly Scarf 


Chain 113 

Round 1: Work 1 double crochet (dc) in the third chain (ch) from the hook. Dc in each ch to the last ch. 


Work 5 dc in the last ch.


Do not turn. Work along the back of the foundation chain working 1 dc in each ch to the first ch.


Work 4 dc in the first ch for a total of 5 dc and slip stitch (sl st) to the beginning dc to join.


Round 2: Ch 3...


Work 2 dc in the same stitch.


Work 3 dc in the next dc and every dc thereafter... 


...working around the end and all the way around the scarf.


Join with a sl st.  Weave in ends. Wear!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails